Monday, July 23, 2007


I spend now some few hours at this certain internet cafe, where students linger after lunch and yell and cuss at each other while playing Warcraft III, where I have spent some considerable time during the past few months, a place which I have considered a strange refuge from boredom and homesickness, before I board the ship bound for home. I think about it now, and after four months, I am overwhelmingly excited. However, I have a feeling I will miss my spot here, under the arctic breath of an airconditioner, when I have gone. I decided to write a sort of a little, perhaps, farewell to Cebu. I have not enjoyed my stay here as much as I have appreciated my previous stay, which I deemed at the time to be a liberation, for I did not see much of Cebu except that trip to that overly expensive wet party. Of course, I am not here to be a tourist but as a graduate trying to reclaim his professional license. Still, I think now, that I should have went out more since I am here. There will be more time for that, anyway, next time. This will not be my last visit. Until then, farewell Cebu. And thank you for not letting your thieving scourges set loose upon me while I walked on your streets countless times.

No comments: