Wednesday, August 09, 2006


With very much everyone of my friends and colleagues, the whole town, the whole world perhaps, knowing that I passed the Board examination; and congratulating myself on conquering a hurdle and presently planning for the future with great eagerness and hopeful enthusiasm, now that I am to attach an RN to my appellation - catching a word of a dreadful news, like the possibility of PRC nullifying the examination and requiring all those poor souls who took it to take it again, is most disheartening.

The news has been circling above the heads of June 2006 Board passers, ever since the results were announced, like a loathsome vulture, waiting patiently to dive down and mutilate dreams into unrecognizable pieces.

I have been worried at the prospect of taking the examination again, not with the possibility of my failing it (although there is a possibility) but with the likelihood of it needlessly draining our pockets, as with the sentiments of the many others. I would take it again if I have to, and pass it again if I have to, to satisfy the doubtful minds of those who believe (almost the entirety of the health sector) that ALL of us who took the examination cheated. Well, that is a choice that I hope I should not have to make for I am sure they will not shoulder the consequent expenses.

--

It was reported earlier this evening on the local news, much to my relief (and my parents as well, I'm sure) that the PRC is NOT considering a retake. Ha! Then, tonight, I can sleep soundly.

Alas, those who have passed honestly during the June 2006 examinations, but are eventually stained by the dishonesty of others, are shunned from the prospect of employment by some health institutions, as if we all had a hand in, or even knowledge of, the deviltry that was taking place at the time.

A sad thing... and most unjust.

No comments: