Sunday, May 04, 2008


In an effort to find a lost book this morning, I came instead to find my dearest motherboard, tucked away and almost forgotten inside a cupboard, along with other of its equally forgotten and piteous cohorts. Oh, my poor baby! I have purchased it last year and the only parts that I was able to purchase since then were a pair of memory modules and a storage drive. Financial scarcity forced me to discontinue, although temporarily, my computer project and hid my proud P5N32-E SLI in a dark box. If it could only talk, it would bitterly curse me, its master, and accuse me of blatant abandonment. It had, for a time, given me a sense of purpose in compensation for the complete absence of any; and was once the sole source of joyous excitement when all fell into dreary monotony. It is an ambition I have had for so long, and one that I intend to bring into fruition. As I carefully replaced it in its former place, after methodically checking that all of its contents were present, I renewed the promise I have made. And indeed I will see it through, just as soon as accomplish my present, more important aim. Ah, if only I had money.

No comments: